The devilish part here is that it is just too easy, too tempting. I was panicking one evening when I was asked to ‘bring something’ to a dinner that was taking place in one hour; all I could see in the kitchen cupboard were these ingredients, so into the food processor they went and with a tentative smile on my face I presented the results to my hostess. It worked! Compliments all round and I have been making this ever since. It is so easy you can add any little touches you want to make it your own. Herbs? Seeds? Different spices?
Here, I’m serving them with mini-naan breads, cut, brushed with olive oil and put in a hot oven for a few minutes. To be good to yourself, try it with celery sticks, carrot batons, and other healthy things. Then you can call it Red Angel Dip.
- 12 oz of grilled sweet red peppers, out of a jar by all means
- 6 oz pureed sundried tomatoes (also out of a jar)
- 1 small tomato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 to 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped (to personal taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon good black pepper
- A little olive oil if desired
Combine all these ingredients except garlic in a food processor and puree for 40 seconds, then add garlic and finish off for another 20 seconds. Taste for seasoning or more oil. The end.