PLEASE NOTE: We are taking orders online from Ireland, the UK, Canada and the US, plus other EU nations.
There may be some slight delays because of shippers. (please see current EU countries to which we can ship)
June 20, 2016
Kilkenny is a vibrant area, with fascinating heritage, beautiful riverside walks, great food and great shopping. However, while Kilkenny City is worth a good day of wandering, I prefer to guide my friends to other delights found deep in the countryside. Different visitors love different things and so below, I have gathered some fun ideas for all sorts of people:
My Personal Faves
I have some visitors due this weekend and just to show how manageable a country spin can be, here is the route I’ll propose to them when they arrive:
1. Begin in Bennettsbridge in the Pottery, to learn how we craft our goods and explore the bargain section.
2. Drive down to Thomastown to check out the local artisanal shops and the swimming hole. If there’s an exhibition on in the Craft School, we’ll stop by. Next, we’ll make sure to sample the Truffle Fairy chocolates and maybe indulge in one of their amazing hot chocolate drinks. If we’re still hungry, the Blackberry Cafe, Cafe Sol or the Watergarden Cafe will take good care of us.
3. After enjoying good food we’ll drive south a bit out of town and stop at the ancient Jerpoint Abbey to explore and enjoy the history.
4. Then we’ll drive on a bit and turn off for Mt. Juliet and Jerpoint Glass studio. The fish farm on the left will be a good place to pick up picnic supplies. We’ll stop by the Glass workshop first and then head into Mt. Juliet. After parking in the golf area we’ll visit the bar and conservatory. (Coffee and pub grub are available here and the wifi is terrific.) We’ll leave through the gate into Thomastown so we can see the thoroughbred horses.
5. If my guests aren’t totally overwhelmed at this stage we’ll drive to Kells to see its old towers and mills. If the sun is going down, so much the better. But you could always save this for the next day! My visitors will also be staying in the cottage home, in Kilfane, so they can enjoy this garden at their leisure.
I hope this inspires you to plan a trip to Kilkenny’s countryside – it truly is a breath-taking area!
April 29, 2020
April 08, 2020
Easy-peasy pudding for right now. You will have a lovely crunchy, gooey, fragrant, pink pudding to serve with cream or ice cream.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Eircode: R95 CK71
Phone: +353 56 7727505
Sat Nav: 52.589668 , -7.185601
© 2020 Nicholas Mosse.
Don't miss out !
See behind the scenes, receive special offers and be the first to find out about new exclusive shapes and patterns (we will never share your details).